Join us : Covid-19 updates
Due to Covid-19, there will be no in-person cadet activities until at least 01 October, 2020. However, you can now register online via this website:
Join us – 803 North Shore Sabre Squadron
803 North Shore Sabre Air Cadet Squadron is an organization for boys and girls looking to become members of a safe and fun learning environment. Find out more about the Air Cadet program via this pamphlet. Below are the Eligibility Criteria, Cost, Participation Expectations and Required Documents to register.
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
In order to be able to participate in cadet activities with insurance coverage, the following documents must be provided to the 803 Squadron Administration Office.
To facilitate the registration process, please prepare them in advance.
- Application for Membership Form
- A photocopy of the applicant’s Medicare card
- A photocopy of any one of the following:
- Canadian passport; or
- Canadian Citizenship Card (both sides); or
- valid Permanent Resident Card (both sides); or
- government issued Birth Certificate
To be eligible for membership in 803 Squadron, the applicant must:
- be not less than 12 years old but not have attained his/her 19th birthday;
- not belong to another cadet corps or squadron;
- be a Canadian citizen or a lawful resident of Canada;
- be medically, physically and psychologically fit to join Cadets and participate in related training and/or activities;
- be of good moral character;
- be acceptable to the 803 Squadron Commanding Officer.
There is no membership fee or annual dues. The training is mostly provided free of charge and the uniform is lent for the duration of membership. Cadets, with the support of their parents/guardians, are expected to participate in fundraising activities. This enables the squadron to provide activities or equipment not paid for by the Canadian Forces, such as awards, Band instruments, familiarization flights, training facilities rentals, and much more.
We are also accepting donations:
- Donation payment can be by cash or cheque payable to “803 Squadron”.
- A tax receipt will be issued.
- All other arrangements can be done by speaking to the Sponsoring Committee.
A cadet is expected:
- to participate in training activities and follow regulations, orders and instructions; Attendance is expected to be in the order of 80% unless properly justified.
- to take good care of all items of clothing and equipment issued to him/her, to safeguard them and to return them when requested to do so. The value of the uniform is approximately $500.00 and could be claimed if the uniform is not returned; and
- to conduct himself/herself in a manner respectful of others.
Please note that all activities have to be approved by the Commanding Officer.
- may end his/her membership with the squadron at any time;
- may be expelled from the squadron if he/she commits a serious breach of discipline;
- is no longer eligible to be a member of the squadron when he/she turns 19; and
- is not member of the Canadian Forces and is not forced to join that organization once the cadet membership is terminated.
Remember, feel free to contact us if you have any questions!