Please read the following for further information about the air cadet program in 2020-2021.
The Air Cadet program has made some changes to the upcoming training year in order to protect our cadets, staff and volunteers. Below are some of the highlights announced by BGEN Cochrane in August.
- There will be no in-person cadet activities until further notice. Until then, the 803 North Shore Sabre Squadron will be temporarily delivering virtual training via different platforms such as teams.
- Cadets and Staff must inform their Chain of Command if they have been tested for COVID-19 and share the results with 803 Squadron as soon as they are received.
- Cadets and Staff will eventually be provided with non-medical masks to help reduce the potential spread of COVID-19. Cadets may use their own personal masks in the meantime if they have them.
- There will not be any in-person fundraising activities until further notice.
- Further updates about the possibility of summer camps in 2021, including the Power and Glider Pilot Training Courses will be provided in November 2020. All international cadet events will be canceled until at least 01 September 2021.
We appreciate everyone’s understanding as we adjust to this new norm and look forward to welcoming back our cadets when it will be safe to do so!
You will find below informative ressources on Covid-19:
If I want to know what the Map of COVID-19 alert levels by region looks like:
If I want a global view of the outbreak updates:
If i want to have access to the Cadets Q&A: